reflections 22062024



Flowers
I bought flowers for another today;
Tonight I will bring them home
And let them wilt and rot in the corner of my bedroom
And observe the colour and hues as they fade from white to yellow and then to brown

I think maybe I lack an awareness on something for what it takes to love another.
I'm a parrot trained off of an echo of what a partner should be
I keep searching for what exactly I'm missing
I'm blindly feeling around a dark room
for the jigsaw piece that everyone else seems to have

I feel like an alien in my own body
like there are things that i should want and should feel but i don't feel them or want them
Like im living a life where I'm keeping up appearances just to prove to myself that I'm living properly
I know I want kids one day
But I'm 23 now and still feel completely arrested
by the building state of that quiet numbing loneliness

I'm a husk while everyone else has ripened
A gray blurry dot in the background of a vibrant painting
I search for something that I know nothing about
A futile expedition

Intimacy versus Sex;
If I blind myself to the conventions of social behaviours
And indulge in the bindings of skin and the tastes of flesh
Will that bring me comfort
Or just more of nothing at all

It is much easier to establish myself as a sexual object
than the object of another's affection
faceless lust versus uncertain endeavour
finding the comfort in the rot more welcoming
than the sobering alienation of vulnerability




Comments

Popular Posts